Sunday, February 1, 2009

Supermarket for the Superbowl

As much as I dislike Saturdays (that's a whole 'nother post), I do love me a good Sunday. Today, we're going to go as a family to the grocery store. That sounds like the opposite of fun, but really, it's not. The Scientist doesn't know how to behave in grocery stores and as a result is a great deal of fun. So much fun, in fact that he once popped a wheely with a cart and shattered the bones in the tips of two fingers on his left hand in what has come to be known as "The Shopping Cart Accident." You can't make this stuff up. Lots of stitches (peeled those suckers like little bananas, is what happened) and morphine. I'd tell you how old he was when he popped the wheely with the shopping cart and almost ruined his promising career as a rock star, but you'd be horrified (he was 34). So, I don't mind going to the grocery store with him- especially now that he has learned how to have a little discretion with heavy equipment.

So, we're off to the grocery, where we will all pick out an appetizer or ingredients for an appetizer. We each get to pick one. I want nachos, I think. The children will choose something horrifying, like beef jerky. The Scientist and I will cheat and pick two or three of our favorites instead of our alloted one.

Then home to get into our comfiest clothes and park ourselves around the TV. We're ditching the two parties we were invited to. Our way sounded like more fun and definitely more child-friendly.

Then, we'll spend the evening cheering, eating, laughing at the commercials and hoping for another wardrobe malfunction so we'll have something to talk about tomorrow. I might even drag all my scrapbook stuff out . All in our jammies! How genius is that? Ooooohhh- how I do love the Superbowl. Now, does anyone know who's playing?

2 comments:

carolinagirl said...

We r in our pjs too...why does the game have to be on a Sunday? Turned down an invite as well sine the kiddos have school in the am! Hope your apps were kick ass!

5 Boys And Me said...

This is precisely what we did last evening and it was quite nice - hope you guys had fun.