Friday, March 27, 2009

Just wait until she has kids

Do you think Kelly Clarkson could have figured out a way to make the same catchy song without using the word "SUCK?" There is just something offputting about an 8 year old belting out "my life would SUCK without yooooooouuuu!" from the backseat of my car. Which is why I change it when it comes on, unless they aren't in the car. In which case I sing along at the top of my lungs.

I'm considering telling them that she is saying "My life's a muck without you" so I can continue to listen to it, but I'm not sure they'll buy it. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

carolinagirl said...

That is so funny. I love that song, but I have a 6 and almost 8 year old as well. I agree...we don't let them use the word "suck" so I really shouldn't let them listen to that song. They've heard it a lot tho 'cause it is a great one to sing along to!

Mocha Freak said...

Oh man FB ... so true. I'm a big top 20 fan with my xm radio ...and kid you not, get in literal 'trouble' with my husband when I forget to switch it back to "The Message" before I know he's gonna be in the car. haha. I have a foul mouth, but NOT WITH MY KIDS... I heard my 3 yr old say she hated something yesterday and my stomach wrenched... so I'm with you. My suggestion? Burn a cd with 25 of his favorite songs that don't have suck in them ...:)

Anonymous said...

My kids used to love to sing "If you're going through h---, keep on going, etc." EXCEPT they thought is was "If you're going through Shell . . ." I didn't correct them because I liked to listen to the song, but it mortified my mother.

JW said...

It may be time for a semantics discussion. Like, "We don't use this word but some adults do, and if a friend's mom hears you use it, you won't be invited back." Or whatever way you normally explain things like that.
Mom

MatersandMelons said...

I totally agree! I like the song, but I think she could have said it a little more eloquently! I change it if my kids are in the car, too...

Beth said...

I thought I was the only one being a prude on that one. Of course, my 11 y/o son's favorite song is "Gives You Hell" by the All American Rejects. He's looked up the lyrics & sings it at the top of his lungs. My 19 y/o daughter did the same thing when she was his age with that "Bitch" song & she's now a successful college student with a 4.0 GPA. I pick my battles...