Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Clemsongirl tagged me a really, really long time ago and I have yet to fulfill my duties. I am prone to overwhelmedness (shut up- you know that's a word...)

Five Random Things About Me

1) I survived the grueling experience of applying to the Peace Corp after college. After 14 months of waiting for an assignment or whatever they call it, I decided that I really DID need to find myself, but that I was pretty sure I wasn't in Africa. So, I took a job as a waitress and went back to graduate school. Not sure if I found myself there either, but I did find a husband. The Scientist was one of my teachers. Or is that more than you wanted to know?

2) The Scientist and I dated 5 months before getting engaged. I was pregnant five months after we got married.

3) In my pre-household-executive-life I was a middle school science teacher. And actually liked it. I apparently thrive in a room engulfed in a cloud of hormones, but would die a slow agonizing death in a room full of preschoolers every day (other than the fishies of course).

4) My sister and I talk at least once a day. Usually more. Much more. I'm usually the one calling. She is a lawyer turned chef and she is the sounding and review board for most things coming from my kitchen.

5) Sweets will rot in my house before they get eaten. The fishies love baked goods and all things sweet. The Scientist and I are indifferent. But, we will fight over the last anything salty/greasy. There is a smothered okra we get at a local store and it is worth fighting over. I don't know what they do to it, but I know it involves butter- and lots of it.

Consider yourself tagged.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I teach middle school also, but I have the special ed kids. I enjoy it usually, and I could never see myself teaching the little ones!

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

About stinking time. What are you busy with those 3 fishies or something?

BTW, do you know anything about smallish fruit trees?

Marian said...

Hope you go back teaching middle school someday!...I can imagine you as a fantastic teacher! And i love your love story!!!

Many a times you need to not look too far to find yourself...although a stint with Peace Corps would have been fun! I had fantasized about joining Peace Corps after nursing school but got offered a job too good to pass up. Someday.....when the kids are grown maybe you can join me in signing up!