Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Be Still My Heart...





Some friends gave us (me) Penzey's spices for Christmas and I am becoming familiar with this most wonderful product for the first time. Any comments at this point as to how wonderful you've always known Penzey's to be could possibly get you banned from the blog. If you knew all along, why the heck didn't you tell me? Or send me a gift box sooner?!

Opening one of these gift boxes was delightful on several levels. First, these friends are foodies so I knew the spices would be great. Second, the jars are thick, sturdy, simple, clear glass and I was having visions already of a spice rack filled with uniform bottles of strong, wonderful spices. Third, although the bottles are glass, no manufactured packing material is used between them to pad them. Instead, the bottles are protected from bumping and shifting by piles of whole nutmeg, cinnamon sticks and Turkish bay leaves.

Take a second to reread that last sentence if you need to. Imagining the decadence of it all could be overwhelming at first...

I've included pictures if you need a visual for how gorgeous such a box filled with wonderfulness
can be. The best part? You won't break the bank treating someone (like yourself) to a little bit of Penzey's wonder for your next big occasion (like a Wednesday, for instance). You can also order every spice under the sun in either bags or bottles. Many of them I've never heard of but there's not a one I wouldn't like to try. I just ordered refills of ginger and cumin and 8 of those cute little bottles.
Just thinking of the spicy uniformity of it all just makes my heart beat a little faster.



3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oooo those sound great!

Anonymous said...

These spices sound wonderful. Do they have web site?Diane

Anonymous said...

My mom got some as a gift, and she gave them to me. It was taco seasonings. They ARE good!

Sonicgirl