Wednesday, February 13, 2008

On the road again...


Ahhh. Here I sit again, procrastinating. I'm starting to think that I'm just pimping out this blog just to avoid dealing with some...well, avoidance issues.

I'm leaving at o'dark thirty tomorrow morning to go visit my nieces in Virginia. Well, my darling sister and my very tolerant brother-in-law live there too, but they aren't nearly as cute and don't require as much bribing. So, it's off to see the nieces. One two years old and one a week old. Since I was outside the door and heard the first cries of my older niece, I feel as though I way behind seeing this new one.
So, I will leave at some ungodly hour with Red Fish. BTW- I understand that there has been a little confusion about why he is Red Fish. I have posted a picture that should clear up any pondering. Anywho- I will fly to VA and stay until late Monday. If you are a Mommy, you are all in a tizzy for me already, Iknow. I am going to be gone for Valentines Day. I am going to be gone for count them, three school days. To break it down by the numbers we've got:


67 valentines that must arrive (on time) to school tomorrow.


24 treat bags that must arrive... blah, blah, blah- you get it.


6 lunches that must somehow get packed between now and the time I return. And remembered on the way out the door. Not counting The Scientist's lunches. He's on his own.


Other than lunch, 12 meals/person will be consummed in my absence. If a single one of them contains a vegetable other than ketchup, I will eat a copy of this post (with ketchup.)


Two children's activities to attend- at the same time. I have no plan to accomodate this as of yet...


10 hours of sleep/child (minimum) that must be had each night in order for the whole show not to fall apart. The Scientist should consider himself warned.


900 bagillion miles between me and whatever crisis will ensue here. Five days. FIVE DAYS!


Approximately 12 conversations I've had with myself today about the wisdom (or lack thereof) of flying with one fishy and leaving the other two at home. For some reason, I'm not nervous about flying with all the fishies. But leaving the ground with just one of them and leaving the other 3/5 of my family behind? That seems to be tempting something. I even called The Scientist to run through with him all my wishes should "something" happen. Needless to say, he thought I was crazy and wasn't what you would call "engaged" in the conversation. Actually, it wasn't much of a conversation. Really, just me talking and him mhhhming and sighing with exasperation. For the record though, if he gets remarried, he needs to tell her right up front that she is going to have to finish a cabinet project.







3 comments:

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Couldn't hardly see the photos...what with the HUGE sparkly diamonds...calling you now to discuss all the other stuff.

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Couldn't hardly see the photos...what with the HUGE sparkly diamonds...calling you now to discuss all the other stuff.

Anonymous said...

I know I keep saying this, but I just love red hair! How CUTE is that?!

STK