Tuesday, October 28, 2008

No Title Needed

It's confirmed. There have been rumors for weeks, no, years, actually. We have all been hoping. Praying, to be more accurate. We have speculted, gossiped and spread rumors about it. This morning, the paper published it in black and white and it is better than any of us could have imagined.

We are getting a Target.

I'll let that sink in for a moment...

If you live near one (or three), you are still trying to understand how someone lives in a place without one. If you are like me and you live in one of the three remaining places in the free world without one, you're trying to figure out right now how you can get here before opening day (Fall 2009, if you're interested).

In addition and in the same location we are also getting a Michael's, a Kohl's and a Marshall's. There are other stores being added that have The Scientist all wound up but that I don't give a hoot about. Best Buy among them. Who cares, as long as a Target is front and center?

No, it is not going to be a Supertarget. This is actually a blessing because if it was, it would be overwhelming for us all and we probably would have needed pharmaceutical help to handle the excitement. Baby steps, please...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I filled a cart in our Target this morning and am still wondering how it happened. I even took some things out near the end. You'll develop a love/hate thing because of that.
Kelly Bee

The Coleman Chronicles said...

Oh Yes-- heard the news this morning!! What more could we ask for??? I am very excited and hoping that it will open before the Fall of 09-- maybe the summer??? And I am like you, it doesn't matter what comes with it as long as there is a TARGET!!

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

YAY baby! October will be the opening, if it's Fall. March, July or October. Amen for that sister!

Anonymous said...

just reconfigure your budget...you will need an extra $100 a week..mark my words.
it really makes a gray day sunny!!!
i am happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the brouhaha that accompanied the construction of an Olive Garden in the town where I work. For months people talked about it, as though when it was built, the town would finally have arrived in the 21st century. Now that it's in operation, I don't hear so much about it. I guess when you've arrived, you don't have to flaunt it.

Margaret said...

I'm so jealous!! The closest Target to us is over 30 minutes away, although that might be a good thing because I never spend less than $200 whenever I'm there!! Congrats!! :)

MatersandMelons said...

I am super jealous!

Anonymous said...

When Target came to our neighborhood, we'd pass by and see the sign when it would open and I, of course, would be soooo excited. My boys all looked at me like I was crazy until I told them that going Target for me was like going to Disneyland for them. I think they got it. (I might actually spend as much money there as I do at Disney just to walk in the gate.) So....congratulations!!!