Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's a Good Thing He's Cute

Two Fish needs to watch his step. He's treading on thin ice this week.

Yesterday he informed me that he has decided NOT to be the lion or the tin man for Halloween. This is a problem since One Fish has The Most Darling Dorothy costume and will tote a Toto stuffed animal and a decorative scarecrow in the wagon. Red Fish and Two Fish are supposed to complete the ensemble cast by being the tin man and the lion. I agreed to be the wicked witch only if they are good between now and then. This is big since I do not dress up. Ever. The last time I dressed up for Halloween it was as a pregnant girlscout (obviously pre-Scientist and definitely pre-baby). It was to go to a rockin' bar party in Five Points. Nothing since then, though.

But, now he says that he has decided against this plan. Instead he's going to be either one of the flying monkeys from the movie or... Gene Simmons.

Then, today, I pick him up from preschool, in my not-pulled-together-mommy-costume with several ingredients on my shirt from morning cooking projects necessary for this week to end well and he says...

"Hey! Mommy, I thought you said you were going to change out of your jammies before you picked me up!"

He needs to watch it.

4 comments:

kelly bee said...

That's why they start out so cute, huh?

I tagged you, btw. Go see.

Anonymous said...

There is nothing wrong with being in jammies all day. unfortunately it does not mean you stayed home and watched the Today show and Regis..it means you were way too busy to waste precious no-children time with wardrobe change.
We were Dorothy last year...too cute. My plan was to have him be either the lion or scarecrow. He was all in until he got even closer to 4. Then it was Batman..not so much what I had in mind.
And how does he know Gene Simmons??? Should I blame the scientist?

Anonymous said...

Observant little rascal....

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh. The pj comment sounds like something my son would say.
Di