Monday, January 14, 2008

Good Blog, Bad Blog

In my recent blogsearching (like REsearching, but different), I've discovered the following:

1) I have no interest in blogs that just give a daily report on the people in the household. Boooor-iiiiiing.

2) I like a blogger who is not afraid to scoff.

3) Men don't blog as well as women (except my Dad, who's every word I hang on. Duh.)

4) I like bloggers in my own age group. I'm afraid this shows a certain prejudice or close-mindedness on my part, but I don't care. (I'm not talking about you, Mom)

5) I would be much happier with my blog if I could figure out how to do a cute background. Do you have to have some sort of Jedi magic to do this?

6) Blogging is sort of like e-dating. You can be anything you want (or are not, as the case may be) on your blog as long as you don't post too many pictures. If you have an 80s hair cut and have on mom-jeans, then I bet that you don't actually stress about which Coach bag to carry or care about when the new Tory Burch shoes are coming out. Not that I do. I don't. But I also try not to write like I do.

7) I could be girlfriends for life just from reading some of these blogs. When I get it together, I'll post more of my favorites.

8) I think blogging could be my adult version of middle school note passing. I think that's why the men I've read don't blog like women do. They didn't "get" passing notes either.

9) IF YOU DON'T EVER POST, YOU SHOULD DELETE YOUR BLOG! This goes out directly to the jerk who is holding my prefered blog name, FishyBusiness, hostage. If you've never posted, then maybe you don't need the name. I'm running post circles around you already and I've only had my sloppy seconds blog name for three days.

10) I have to keep my computer volume turned down when I'm reading blogs. Although it is just precious, and I certainly acknowledge the proficiency required to make a blog sing a song to me when I enter it, I am not always in the mood to listen to whatever song happened to strike the fancy of the blogger in question. (And she steals the "worst run-on-sentence award back from Clemsongirl)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the blog looks precious! Maybe no Jedi magic required here. And it was mercifully silent. Singing blogs wake up my children and that is NOT GOOD!

STK

Margaret said...

just found your blog--can't wait to read more! click on my "i just got pimped" icon on the left side of my blog and you can get a cute background, too! :)

KatyShops said...

I am so with you on the music playing blogs!!