Sunday, January 13, 2008

So, that's where we are

Dinner conversation last night:

The Scientist: I saw an advertisement for those Sandals places today. I think after 'Redfish' is weaned, we should go.

Me (wondering why Redfish has to be weaned before we can go): Well, I've heard good things about them. He should be weaned in about 6 months.

Scientist: I mean, I think they take care of everything- transportation, resort, food, drink, everything.

Me (starting to wonder if he's picked up on my Weeds obsession and has started his own business just like the chick on Showtime. That's the only way I can imagine this getting paid for)- Huh. Well, I think some of them are adult-only. I mean, wouldn't they just love us showing up with all our chaos to their exclusive adult-only resort! Do they have family resorts?

Scientist (after a long pause)- I don't know if they have family resorts. I was talking about JUST US going...

Me- Oh.

So, that's sort of where we are. Just when I think I'm getting my groove back, we have an incident like this. It's not that I don't want to go. I do! I do! It just never occurred to me that we could go sans minis. Never crossed my mind.

Today on the schedule: Cleaning my filthy, disgusting kitchen, church, meal planning for next week, gym, church again for the minis. We're not Baptist, but you wouldn't know it from our church schedule today.

2 comments:

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

You're my favorite blogger, but you already knew that...

Glad I sucked you in and that I am your first comment.

Can't wait to hear the nicknames for the other 2 fishies...

Oh, take the word verification dealie off your comments, it slows me down.

Anonymous said...

Just when I thought I had my internet addiction under control you tempt me with blogging!?! I will definitely have to bring this up at my next support group meeting.

On a different note, the commercials are much nicer than the real deal. Email me and I will give you the scoop on the Sandals dream.