Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Things that make you go hmmmmm

Before I explain the significance of the above picture, I will explain the day that prompted me to post said picture.

Last night I went online and sent a big ol' whoppin' bunch of pictures to a large store that shall not be named (ok- I'll give you a hint- it begins with a W and ends witha T and sells lots and lots of crap). The Scientist went by yesterday to pick up my "one hour" photos. As usual, and to no one's suprise, they were not done. Not even two hours later. So, since I was going to a big ol' scrapathon this morning, I had to go by this morning and get them. Unfortunately, the manager with four brain cells was on duty and I am certain that I lost several of my own during our encounter. She explained to me that I could not get my pictures because SOMEONE'S order (mine) had a "corrupted" file in it and it had completely shut their computer down. When I asked what exactly "corrupted" meant, I received the following response:

"No one knows- not even the tech people."

HUH? How the heck can a "corrupted" file shut down a system and yet no one knows what exactly "corrupted" means?

Thinking that I had misunderstood, I asked her when she thought I might be getting my pictures today. She explained that she would have to delete my whole order because there was "no way" to tell what picture was "corrupted." Realizing that I would not be enjoying a morning of scrapping after all, I just asked for a refund of my money. Actually, there was a good deal of incredulous banter back and forth before I got to the refund part, but I am trying to summarize. Well, you guessed it... she informed me that there was "no way" for her to refund my money.

Several more back-and-forths took place, she started to cry (I'm really not nasty! Really. She was just crazy), I asked to speak with a manager, she said (through tears) that she was the manager, she finally got customer service on the phone, they refunded my money. We parted ways with me asking her to please inform the tech people that if they couldn't fix this problem(or at least figure out what the heck "corrupted" means), then their company would be losing a lot of business. She says (I swear) "Well, the tech people have tried and tried to fix our system. They just can't. You know, no one can know EVERYTHING, right? It's really a computer problem, and when it comes to computers, sometimes it just can't be figured out."

OMG

A strange dog climbed into my van today (I know that sounds sort of kooky, but it's really too long to go into now) and now we have a sort of geriatric Boston Terrier spending the night with us. The Scientist has named him Sean which I actually think is pretty funny. Pray, pray, pray that we put up signs tomorrow and someone claims this dog I need another dog like I need a hole in the head.

So, for Christmas The Scientist and I treated ourselves to a huge, new, king-sized mattress. A few gifts from PB (thanks, Mom and Dad) and I have what I believe is The Most Comfortable Bed ever. The crying baby in the picture has been removed to his own bed and is now sleeping peacefully. The off-center picture on the top has been straightened out. I soooooo deserve a good night's sleep in my delightful, enormous, pillow-topped bed with no dreams of crazy managers with lots of earrings. I hope Sean sleeps well and doesn't whine.


PS- The Scientist just told me that he named our temporary dog after Sean Hornbeck. I can't decide whether it's wrong to laugh at that or not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe that I jinxed you regarding Sean, with our conversation yesterday! I cannot believe you found a dog!!

STK

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Damn dog. You need me to be your stray, drive by and I'll hop in your van. Yours has leather anyway.

The bed looks fab!

Margaret said...

OMG, I was cracking up reading about Sean. Hope you find him a home!! :)