Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Actually, it's Holy Green Beans, Batman!


Here are some picts of the garden. I really think it needs a good name. Just like palacial estates have names, this garden needs a name that it is fitting for the glorious plot of fertile earth that it is. Any ideas?
And here's how you know that truly, in my heart, I really am a dork: I have gone outside to take pictures every morning of my green bean plants. I planted them from seed and the disciples watching Jesus do his walking on water thing couldn't have been more surprised than I to see those little sprouts come up from the earth just 5 days after they were put in there. Shocked, I tell you. Not that they were coming up after 5 days, but that they were coming up at all. I think that I am amusing Mother Nature this week with my lack of faith because the pumpkin seeds and squash seeds sprouted just days later.
In other news, Two Fish broke a board with his foot yesterday in kung fu (not The Other Place).
Everyone take cover.

2 comments:

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

I'm thinking about a name. It resembles Bowman Field in size, so I am considering Bowman Garden.


I'll get back to you on that one.

Anonymous said...

Possible names:

"The Back 40"
"The Dog Trot"
"The Big Dig"--or "The Big Drig"
"The Bean Green"
"Tomato Acres"
"The Garden of Even"
"The Field of Beans"--as in "Field of Dreams" (Dig it and they will grow.)