Monday, July 14, 2008

Running on Empty

Red Fish woke up at 1:30 and again at 2:45. I fed him at 2:45 and we both went back to sleep. At 3:30, the German Shepherd whined to go out. Unusual. They usually sleep harder than we do. At that point, I was up. Wide awake. I finally went out to the couch and read until about 5:00. Red Fish was awake again at 6.

I foolishly decided at 6:30 that there was no use dreaming of sneaking in a few more minutes before The Scientist left for work. I was up anyway- why not just keep being productive? Now, six hours later, I am now so tired that I feel like I have ignored a "may make you drowsy. Do not operate heavy machinery" warning.

I think I'm going to go call The Scientist and ask what time he will be home so that I can be showered and in pajamas when he comes in the door. Sort of like meeting him at the door wrapped in Saran Wrap. But different.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. A nice pre-vacation flurry of entries, including an excellent reason to grow mint--a crop that(not being an iced tea or mint julep drinker)I've never really bought into. Now, however...