Friday, August 29, 2008

RIP Rosie Posie

Oh, how my heart aches to even write the title to this post. My little dog left us today after almost 13 years. She and I met The Scientist together. She gave her stamp of approval before I did. She was my first baby and then she had all three of our babies crawl, pull, tug, push and otherwise violate her space and she never snapped or growled once. At the same time, she would have graduated magna cum laude from disobedience school- if there were such a thing. But, she was sweet, loving to a fault and...mine.

Now she is gone, blessedly in her sleep. Despite her recent heart troubles and breathing troubles, she never seemed to slow down (or cease her quest for table food). She wasn't the one we thought would go first and we are all quite in shock, frankly. We always joked that if there were a nuclear war, she and the cockroaches would rise again from the ashes. She had the body of a cocker spaniel (albeit a "big boned" one) but had the spirit and heart of a scrappy, junkyard dog. We loved her for it.

Rosie, my sweet girl, goodbye. You are loved.

5 comments:

Marian said...

oh rosie...i'm so sorry to hear nell. i can't imagine how your heart must ache so much. two days ago, our beta fish died after 2years...it's a fish right? but it still made me cry,' cause the boys and i got him while jim was deployed.

what an incredible loss for your family.
good night sweet princess rosie!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about this. sweet, sweet rosie.... I know you are all broken hearted. much love.
Katie

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry about your dog. It's always hard to lose a pet. :(

Kristy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dog-I know it's terrible when a pet has been a part of your life for so long and so many memories.

Margaret said...

i'm so sorry about your loss--losing a pet is terrible. :(