Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wild, Wonderful Weekend




Our baby boys had a wonderful time this weekend. Red Fish was completely overwhelmed and started to cry when everyone gathered around him and shouted the happy birthday song at him. I sort of don't blame him. But, other than that it was a fabulous, celebration filled weekend. Two Fish didn't want it to end and there were tears from the "big" boys when his "army man" party was all over. One of the highlights was that The Scientist set up a kick arse obstacle course that encompassed both the front and back yards. I have plenty of pictures of those little boys trying to walk in huge dive fins!
The freakin' donuts were the hit of the tank cake. Do those little buggers know how long it takes to color all that fondant?!? Donuts? Really? The Scientist stood behind me during the cake cutting, making snarky comments like, "Yeah, when I picked up the cake at Walmart..." and "Did you see the bulldozer cake at Walmart when you went to order the cakes?" Luckily, all the people who mattered have been hearing about The Cakes for days and weren't paying much attention, much to his chagrin! Besides, I bet they would have figured out for themselves that even Walmart wouldn't have left a wrinkle that big on the top tier of the pastel cake. And the back of the tank cake? I just told Two Fish that it had been in an "accident." Other than that, I was pretty damn impressed with how my little projects turned out. Two Fish was too, and that's all tha mattered, isn't it?
And now... I sleep.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

just WOW!

Anonymous said...

i am very impressed..and a little envious, too, although i know that isn't a good quality!! but more importantly, happy birthday to the boys!!!
so what is one fishs cake request. something bigger and better??

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

are you kidding me?
i repeat
are you kidding me?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.