Thursday, March 27, 2008

It's a whole new world


Insert pageant voice singing the theme from Aladin here. Red Fish and I Had It Out two nights ago. I played hard ball and I think (after an hour and a half beginning at baout midnight) that he finally got the picture. I'm not heartless. I went in every 10-15 min. to pat his back and speak sweetly to him. In a very sweet and soothing voice I'd murmur, "Mommy is winning isn't she? My goodness but Mommy must really, really want a good night sleep. Ohhhhh, my. Isn't it terrible when Mommy plays hardball, sweetie?" Little nuggets of comfort like that. He'd smile up and me and roll back and forth in glee when I'd go in. When the door would shut again he'd scream in rage. I think he finally wore himself out.

Last night my boy proved himself to be just as smart as I thought he should be. He slept from 7 until (drumroll please) FOUR AM!!! I figured after 9 hours he probably deserved to eat something so I fed him and popped his cute little self back into the crib. Somehow he seemed much cuter at 4AM than he had seemed previous nights at midnight. He peeped once and then I didn't hear from him again until 7 when I went in to wake him. I know, crazy to wake a sleeping baby, but I do want him to nap with purpose today.












4 comments:

jenniedub said...

Let me just say it is my first time reading your blog. And at first I thought "red fish" was your wine...until I read the second paragraph. And then I realized you were not going back for more to help YOU sleep. Blonde moment. I know! But then I read on and love how you call them one fish, red fish, etc. Cute cute! :)

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

hell to the yes.

Anonymous said...

mmm...sleep...good... babies are much more fun if they sleep!

Anonymous said...

Yay you!! Good job, Red Fish. Everyone can be so much happier if mommy is well-rested.

STK