Thursday, March 6, 2008

Traveling Incognito

Great News!!! I can still show my face at the school (although I apparently caused an all out hullaballoo with the superintendents visit concerning The Unfortunate Incident and all). Why am I not slinking around up there, hoping beyond hope that no one notices me, you ask? Because I never talked to anyone about "the incident" face to face and as it turns out, they don't know who I am! How hilarious is that?! They only know my name, but apparently haven't put the (infamous) name with my sweet, charming face. The principal saw me today and was fawning all over the baby and even gave me some preliminary directions as to how to know when to join One Fish's class for lunch- just as if I was a new parent. Delightful. Imagine how surprised she's going to be when she finds out that the darling mother and baby that she delights over every Thursday while they wait to have lunch with One Fish is The Parent Who Is The Problem. Hmmmm. Perhaps I'll run for PTO president next year.

PS- The Scientist thinks the whole thing is stupendous and said that "you don't put up with any $%^& around here and I was starting to think that it was just us. I'm so relieved to learn that it isn't- it's everyone." I have no idea what he's talking about...

3 comments:

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Hell to the Yes.

The Scientist is right. Holy crap, I just admitted that a man is right. Must be my off day.

Anonymous said...

Um, wow, does not seem as though this principal is terribly bright. Hope he/she does not read your blog, but gotta call a spade a spade (especially after I've had so little sleep).

STK

Anonymous said...

Hey, great account of the school saga! As one who had a few dicey encounters at YOUR schools (generally with teachers, not administrators), I'm glad to see the tradition continue.