Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Go, Olivia, Go!

I just talked to "Olivia" (not her real name, but read the previous posts and you'll know who I mean). Here's what we know today:

1) She has agreed to take my calls whenever I call, even upon my disclosure that I may be calling twice a day. I gave her permission to only take my calls once/day if she has other important stuff to do (like catch bad guys). She can put me on a MWF schedule if need be. I won't be offended.

2) There was another employee in the bathroom at the time of the incident.

3) On the surface this seems creepy, but it could be a blessing. Based upon when the other person entered the restroom, it does not appear that he was in on anything. He could also be a witness.

4) We need prayers that he is a witness since "Olivia" needs either a witness or a confession in order to prove anything.

5) She knows exactly where to find "the bad guy" and the potential witness. They will be contacted today. I assume the potential witness will be contacted first.

6) This thing will be very hard to prove since it took place in a private restroom and the only report is from a five year old (she didn't say the five year old part, but I infered).

7) Without some other evidence (like another witness) they don't have enough right now to get the cell phone or any other hardware that may be involved.

8) She is actually happy with how well pieces are falling into place and hopes to call me to report an arrest today. She is evidently more optimistic than I am.

9) I think the guy has been fired and other stores have already been notified. Duh.

10) If he isn't arrested, I will be disclosing a first name and detailed description to anyone I know!


So, pray that this potential witness is actually that. As "Olivia" said, "I would hope that if I were in a restroom and saw someone climbing over a stall, I would notice." But, if he did notice, why didn't he say anything? I am hoping for a miracle, but not expecting one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really hope someone talks to them so they can get a warrant for that phone. The bad guy is probably scared to death, so maybe he will just fess up.

STK

Kristy said...

I will be praying that they arrest him so that he can't do this or worse to any other children. I also want to say that you shouldn't beat yourself up about letting Two Fish go in alone. I have two boys and have had this same argument many times and have at times been worn down enough to give in. Not after this! Thanks for sharing a story that I know must be a heavy weight on your mind in the form of "what ifs?".

Anonymous said...

Please keep us posted. I hope they bust this guy.

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

WOW--what will the perv's think of next? And so sad that this has happened to your little guy. I just met your BF Clemsongirl today and she is a TRIP! :) Good luck and keep us informed.....

Melissa said...

I just read the posts about this whole incident, and it's really sick/scary! You guys are definitely doing the right thing, and I hope they can catch the pervert! Keep us posted!