Monday, September 15, 2008

Obsessed

That's what I am with finding Christmas outfits for the fishies. I am all about the "matchy-matchy" as they call it. Two Fish must have just a shirt to match his siblings. No matchy-matchy pants for him because they are usually patterned and elastic waisted. He says they look like a bathrobe. Go figure. It's just not worth the argument. One Fish is probably a little easier, but she will be 8 by then and is completely over smocking (can't say as I blame her, considering how much of it she's put up with over the years). I'd love to go a little casual so that they can (will) wear them other than just a few times to church and performances. For instance, how cute is this? But, there's no little boys option, let alone a baby boy option. I could even deal with this for the holidays. How cute and preppy! But, the options for the older kids aren't wonderful. The jumper is a little young for One Fish and I'd like to see anyone try to get Two Fish into those pants or, God forbid, the vest.

I need inspiration!

PS: I.Do.Not.Sew.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out:
http://justduckyoriginals.com/

Their stuff doesn't make my boys look like pansies. :)

Joy said...

I love the first one from Kellys kids the best. I LOVE both of those stores. They always have the cutest stuff

Anonymous said...

Try
www.cwdkids.com. My FAVORITE for casual stuff. They have a cute plaid pattern that has boy/girl pieces this year, that could be casusal or go a little dressy.

www.chezami.com Peppermint collection is cute too!

Jill said...

I was anxious to read the suggestions and see your links. I have 12, 9 and 2 year old and our family photos are coming up in early October. The 10 year age difference is a killer in trying to get something they all like. My 2yo (boy) will have nothing to do with overalls. He says, "Ewwwww, gross" - which sounds just like a 12 year old - ha!

kelly bee said...

I ordered Chez Ami stuff for the Cake and it is SO cute!

Anonymous said...

if you want something casual but ok for church i would get her a skirt and top from somewhere like kellys kids or chez ami, middle i would put in a red polo with his monogram on the left chest with khakis or corduroys or even plaid pants, or white polo with red monogram and red corduroys...and for baby i would get him a longall. to somewhat match the girl. i will see what i can find. good luck.

Anonymous said...

Children's clothing. . .aahh, one of my favorite topics (although personally not that gratifying with three boys whose favorite clothes involve Transformers and WallE).
I have ordered from both www.bestdressedchild.com and www.oneofakindkid.com. My favorite brands are Bailey Boys (which has Bailey Babies) and also girl stuff and Mulberry Street. Instead of smocked, it is appliqued, which I have been able to get the boys to where for longer than the smocking. Of course, SMK has now declared "NO OUTFITS"--translation: longalls and he actually physically fights us not to wear them. Sigh. . .
STK

Unknown said...

The rags land stuff is cute...but seriously...do you want that much Carolina color, even for Christmas????:)